Become a vital part of the economic future of Greater Peoria. The Greater Peoria Economic Development Council (GPEDC) is seeking a Director of Business Attraction to advance job growth strategies and efforts for a five-county region in Central Illinois. GPEDC spearheads community-led efforts to retain, attract, grow, and create new businesses, harnesses the advantages of our rural and urban assets, and develops a world-class workforce. GPEDC is a strong collaboration of business and elected leaders and partners with a wide range of stakeholders across the region with the sole goal of driving economic vitality.
If you’re ready to get to work, we’re ready to hear from you. To be successful in this role one must build and maintain strong relationships with business and community leaders, the commercial real estate development community, site selection consultants and strategic partners in the region’s industries. An existing knowledge and aptitude in one or more industry verticals (especially manufacturing, health care or agriculture) will be a strong advantage, as well as an existing network of national brokers, site selectors, developers, real estate investment trusts and other key individuals.
You will be responsible for:
– Advancing the business investment and job creation goals of GPEDC by identifying and assisting companies in relocating or expanding into the region.
– Identifying business opportunities and prospects by evaluating the market and industry trends; researching and analyzing competitive options for expansion or relocation to the region.
– Developing and implementing marketing strategies that promote the assets of Greater Peoria and support business attraction efforts.
– Managing and directing the development of leads, proposals and site visits locally and globally.
– Functioning as a liaison between clients and local economic development and real estate professionals, as well as regional partners for a seamless experience.
– Coordinating outreach with site location consultants, foreign consulates, corporate real estate professionals and other key individuals locally and nationally.
– Working with the Director of Business Assistance to identify business development opportunities that emerge through existing business networks, suppliers, or purchasing needs.
– Promoting and marketing the region through trade shows, conferences, market visits and other assignments as deemed appropriate. Conducting out-of-state and international marketing visits to develop relationships potential targets and strategic partners. (Estimate of 30% of time travelling.)
– Coordinating RFI/RFP responses.
– Developing and maintaining accurate information and regional data, including real estate availability.
We need you to have:
– 5+ years of professional experience in economic and/or business development, site selection, real estate, or corporate business.
– Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, economics, real estate, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred. Relevant professional certification (EDI, EDFP, CEcD) is a plus.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills to present to groups and/or business executives.
– Experience formulating and implementing marketing and business attraction strategies and strategic plans.
– Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship between businesses, public officials and the public.
– Fluency with social media management, digital marketing tools, data collection, community management, PR, branding and content strategy.
– Comfort working in a fast paced environment and doing hands-on work in a growing organization.
– Exceptional team-orientation and communication skills.
– A self-motivated, continuous learning approach.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Position open until filled with goal of new Director in place on or before May 20, 2019. Send cover letter, resume, three references and salary requirements to Melissa Oliveri, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Greater Peoria EDC
Attn: Hiring Committee
401 NE Jefferson
Peoria, IL 61603
Greater Peoria EDC is an equal opportunity employer.
Wage & Hours:
Director of Communications & Outreach
About Greater Peoria Economic Development Council:
The Greater Peoria Economic Development Council drives economic growth in Greater Peoria through targeted business and talent development and attraction.
About the Position:
The Greater Peoria EDC is looking for a communications intern looking to gain experience with social media management and website development while working with a knowledgeable, fun, and energetic team! The communications intern will help share all the great community and economic development activity in Greater Peoria. This is a great position for any student with an interest in digital marketing, public relations, advertising, or other relevant fields.
The communications intern is responsible for regularly posting to the GPEDC social media accounts regarding program activity and sharing events, announcements, and other information from our regional partners. The intern will also help update and maintain the GPEDC websites using WordPress and post blogs written by GPEDC staff. The communications intern may also be tasked with basic graphic design responsibilities to assist in updating marketing materials.
– Gathering social media content from various staff members and scheduling relevant social media posts
– Scheduling multiple days of social media content through Sprout, a social media management platform
– Light design and editing duties to prepare content for sharing
– Posting stories on GPEDC websites using WordPress and editing to meet basic SEO standards
– Assist director of communications with collecting social media and website analytics for monthly reports
– Experience using multiple social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
– Familiarity with posting blogs using WordPress or a similar website development tool
– Ability to effectively communicate with staff to gather content
– Familiarity with digital marketing metrics and analytics tools such as Google Analytics
– Experience using Microsoft office programs (or similar)
– Creative problem solving & critical thinking
– Task-oriented & self-motivated
– Additional graphic design skills and familiarity with Adobe CC suite a plus!
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email their cover letter, resume and any relevant work examples to Tory Dahlhoff,Director of Communications & Outreach, email@example.com This is a paid internship. All applicants must be current college students.
Greater Peoria EDC is an equal opportunity employer.